FULL-STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Blockchain has moved beyond Proof-of-Concepts. Do you want to move on as well?
BlockLab puts blockchain technology into practice. Rotterdam based but with a global reach, we work on blockchain solutions to solve supply chain and energy transition challenges in co-creation with knowledge institutions, governments and business.
As an early stage validation lab, we give you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies; not only blockchain, but also IoT, AI and Cybersecurity.
We are looking for:
A full-stack engineer that has knowledge and expertise in modern programming languages and has a strong desire to work on distributed technologies.
Applying novel protocols to the real world comes with a varied task list, such as doing research, problem solving that requires creative approaches, contributing to the open-source communities, fixing bugs in alpha phase software and starting projects from scratch.
- Work closely with the lead, fellow engineers and the product team to deliver new products
- Plan and develop in alignment with the overall architecture
- Mentor fellow engineers and review code
- Stay up to date on technical options and help selecting the best fitting solution
- Strong communication and co-creation skills
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles most likely obtained through a combination of advanced bachelor or academic study and relevant professional experience
- Being able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to write high-quality and well tested code
- Excited about decentralization and the transformation of energy and/or supply-chains sector
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and containerizing technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with test-driven development practices, continuous integration and continuous delivery
We are a small team that cooperate with other teams in projects that have a global reach. Suit and tie, long meetings…not our thing. New technology and getting stuff done? Yes, that’s us!
We offer a competitive salary, stimulating fringe benefits and no matter what economists say, a free lunch!
If you’re interested in the position, send an email to email@example.com with your:
- Cover letter
- Your resume
- Your work: portfolio of projects and/or your GitHub and/or Stack overflow handle(s)